Provides personal care assistance to patients under the direction of licensed personnel and /or Administrator. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Performs direct patient care duties as assigned under the direction of a provider.
- Triage phone calls, call in perscriptions and advise patients as directed by a provider.
- Provides for patient safety.
- Possesses the ability to perform day to day clerical task and related duties.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Minimum of one year experience.
Minimum: Approved nursing or medical assistant course.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days of hire date, Certified by a national certification board (National Center of Competency or obtained within 6 months of hire date) Special Skills
Preferred: Phlebotomy experience
Minimum: Computer literacy. Maintain CertificationTraining
Minimum: Approved nursing or medical assistant courseAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17301 - Assistant-Certified Medical
Facility: BMG-Oxford Endocrine Clinic
Department: MG Endocrine Oxford Clinic BMG
Category: Nursing Support & Patient Care
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area