This role supports care coordination activities with ambulatory services, such as diabetes, CHF, COPD, etc. Includes patient outreach, documentation, troubleshooting, and follow through. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Collaborate in coordinating patient care coordination initiatives.
- Assists with developing a comprehensive, collaborative care plan based on learning's from patients, payers, and programs as well as provider treatment plan and patient/family goals to promote adherence to provider recommendations and instructions. Provide individual patient/family education and self-management support that is appropriate based on language, cognitive abilities, literacy level, learning style, cultural norms, patient preference, readiness for change, resources available, and provider directed.
- Identifies barriers when treatment goals are not met and/or treatment plan is not being followed.
- Complete all assigned goals.
Minimum: Certified Medical AssistantExperience
Preferred: Experience with utilization review process and performance improvement initiatives.
Minimum: Three years of medical assistant experience in acute care setting or home health experience.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days of hire dateSpecial Skills
Minimum: Strong analytical and data management skill. Comfortable seeking direction and assistance from appropriate resources. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record. Comply with all HIPAA regulations. Ability to work independently and exercise clinical judgment in interactions within scope with patients and their families and providers. Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi task and prioritize.Training
Minimum: CPRAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17781 - Coordinator-Diabetes Care
Facility: BMG-Care Management Collierville
Department: MG Care Management
Category: Clinical Technician/Technologist
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area