Purpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility: Responsible for the management of admitting personnel in assigned areas. Demonstrates accountability for Admissions by effective management of personnel and financial resources to achieve quality outcomes. Accountable for assigned reports and completion. Ensures efficient and quality services from area. Ensures integrity of admissions and federal and state compliance is met with admission processes. Responsible for up-front collections (training reporting and monitoring).Strives to reach and maintain goals at the highest standard in all areas of responsibility, task, and patient satisfaction as set by Administration and Corporate expectation. Takes initiatives to improve processes, strives for positive customer outcomes. Leads by example.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Directs admissions functions through scheduling and evaluation of personnel, acquisition of supplies, organization of activities, and communication within the department.
- Administers performance improvement activities to ensure quality is consistent with established standards.
- Provides and supports learning needs through direction of educational activities that promote continuous improvement and compliance with patient care standards.
- Utilizes standards, guidelines, and written procedures for performing registration functions in accordance with Quality/Best Practice
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Associates degree or 2 year of College level courses.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Healthcare Related FieldExperience
Preferred: 4 years experience in the healthcare environment. Previous clerical experience, customer service skills. Previous admitting experience or physician office experience. Previous supervisory experience.
Minimum: 2 years experience in a healthcare environment. Previous clerical experience, customer service skills. Previous admitting experience or physician office experience. Special Skills
Preferred: Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of current computer systems and software applications.
Minimum: Computer skills, ability to perform basic math computation. Type 35 words per minute. Excellent customer service and strong communication skills. Ability to speak, articulate and be understood clearly.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1034 - Manager-Admissions
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Admissions Baptist Memphis
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area