Provides a broad range of administrative and support functions of a highly responsible manner. Prepares special reports and/or projects, correspondence, presentations and other forms of confidential information. Works relatively independently and may oversee the work of others. Communicates with a diverse population which may include but is not limited to board members, patients, medical staff, other staff members, and outside customers. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Coordinates office management actives for designated administrator(s) to include organizing and maintaining documents, reference materials, policies/procedures, office files and records, schedules/ calendar(s), and setting appropriate work priorities for efficient office operations.
- Uses a variety of computer software/applications as necessary to generate reports, spreadsheets, correspondence, presentations, and other pertinent documents or written materials.
- Researches, compiles, assimilates and prepares confidential and sensitive document's using a number of data sources (i.e., agenda items, payroll, budget, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, and/or administrative requirements.
- Responds to a wide variety of calls and/or inquiries for purpose of providing information, resolving problems/issues where appropriate, and/or referring to appropriate staff members.
- Attends meetings and other required functions for the purpose of recording minutes, coordinating materials distribution, and/or supporting the needs of other attendees.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 3 years experience as an administrative secretary or office manager.
Minimum: 4 years secretarial experience with evidence of increasing responsibilities.Special Skills
Minimum: Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal). Must also possess high level of computer proficiency working with different office applications. 60 WPM typing speed.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5668 - Assistant-Administrative
Facility: BMH-North Mississippi Oxford Hospital
Department: NM Administration BMH North MS
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area