Work directly with the neurocritical care intensivist and existing NSICU staff to independently conduct and document comprehensive initial and ongoing physical examinations based on age and diagnosis, including psychological status timely for all patients under the NSICU service which include post-operative neurosurgical patients, patients with cerebrovascular disease, seizures, neuromuscular disease with complex medical conditions.Responsibilities
• Synthesizes data and utilizes evidence to develop, implement, and evaluate the patient plan of care, including ordering and interpreting laboratory, radiology, and other diagnostic studies/results.
• Demonstrates proficiency in technical/procedural skills (central venous catheters, arterial lines, dialysis catheters, lumbar punctures etc.)
• Provides relevant management, referrals, counseling, and education to patients, families, and caregivers related to current care and preventive health measures.
• Facilitates/participates in quality related initiatives and/or clinical research protocols through planned group processes, workshops, seminars, and staff meetings, to improve clinical and system practice performance.
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary group of clinicians in the care of patients.
• Optimize the use of EMR as it relates to patient care.
• Serves as a resource to staff in area(s) of expertise.
• Collaborates with unit staff, Clinical Educators, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Staff Specialists and other healthcare professionals to meet staff and patient educational needs.
• Identifies system-wide factors contributing to undesirable outcomes, such as complications, increased length of stay and over utilization of services.
• Facilitates patient movement through the system and efficient use of resources through interdepartmental collaboration.
• Responsible for own professional growth and maintenance of required credentials.
• Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current health care practice/research.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
Minimum: A graduate of a accredited physician assistant training program and has successfully completed the examination of the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants.Experience
Minimum: 1 year clinical experience functioning in the Physician Assistant roleSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer literate.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17798 - Assistant-Physician Neurocritical Care
Facility: BMG-Neurocritical Care
Department: MG Neurocritical Care BMG
Category: Advanced Practice Provider
Type: Clinical Physician
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area