Provides oversight in the development, implementation and management of educational programs and services for the Baptist Employee Assistance Program, CONCERN. Assists in the design of strategies to strengthen business development opportunities, increase market share, and retain current client base. Works collaboratively with Director sharing accountability for operational effectiveness and service delivery. Evaluates staff competencies and service offerings; develops improvement plans, when appropriate, to effect change in programs/services and/or staff. Proactively resolves/addresses issues and service capabilities fostering optimal employee and customer satisfaction. Under the administrative direction of the Director of Concern EAP Responsibilities
• Assists Director in the development of strategic direction for CONCERN, Employee Assistance Program working collaboratively with Administrator and other members of the Baptist leadership team to ensure goals/objectives meet diverse business/industry needs.
• Provides management oversight to include staff development, education and training; evaluation of operational efficiencies and process effectiveness for CONCERN staff members.
• Participates in the development and implementation of business strategies for CONCERN to increase market share, strengthen overall financial position, expand service capabilities and enhance business relationships. Works with BMHCC sales team to establish, retain, and recruit new business.
• Provides comprehensive market analysis to determine appropriate sales/marketing tactics/approaches.
• Participates in the development of communication strategies using a variety of mediums to target defined external populations in order to create a consistent corporate image, increase community awareness/education and proactively promote EAP offerings within the communities served.
• Meets periodically with customers to discuss occupational program/service delivery; proactively addresses/resolves potential concerns or employer issues to optimize customer satisfaction and enhance community/business relationships for CONCERN.
• Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Master's Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field required.
4 years of behavioral health clinical experience required.
Management experience, sales experience, and experience with public speaking desired.
A license in related clinical discipline. required.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 964 - Assistant Director-Concern EAP
Facility: BMHSI-Baptist Memorial Health Services, Inc.
Department: AC Concern BMHSI Metro
Category: Social Services
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area