Patrols and protects the entire campus, inside and outside; responds to all incidents or calls relating to the safety and security of all persons and property on the campus. Officers are expected to demonstrate exemplary customer service skills and maintain a professional appearance while serving as ambassadors of the organization. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Patrols the entire campus for the purpose of deterring crime and initiating corrective actions on any physical security or safety hazards identified.
- Responds to all calls for disruptive behavior, disturbances, and combative patients, as well as internal or external alarms.
- Understands, complies, and enforces hospital policy and procedure. As needed, enforces State and Local laws/ordinances to ensure the safety and security of all persons and property on campus.
- Submits all necessary reports in a prompt and professional manner.
- Performs escorts related to money transfers, as directed by facility policy. Will secure patient valuables upon request. Will perform non-monetary escorts for staff, visitors, physicians, and patients upon request for the safety and security of the requesting party.
- Controls all parking on the property, emphasizing parking in critical and/or emergency parking areas.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: High school graduate or higher.
Minimum: Knowledge, skills and mental development equivalent to completion of 4 years of high school, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience
Preferred: 2 yr experience in security field, and healthcare setting.
Minimum: 1 yr experience in security field, and healthcare setting.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: S/O;DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Minimum: Basic computer literacy skills required.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17800 - Officer-Security
Facility: BMH-Crittenden Hospital
Department: CR Security BMH CR
Category: Facilities & Security
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Evenings
Location: US:AR:West Memphis
Located in the Memphis metro area