Triages 18 incoming lines through the PBX for multiple BMH facilities. Responsible for all code calls, disaster calls and intercom paging hospital wide. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Answers phones and greets customers using excellent guest relations techniques to promote positive image of organization, models appropriate techniques and behavior.
- Answers telephones, prioritizing and directing calls to assure they reach appropriate areas.
- Assists with processing documents by ensuring they comply with established policies and distributes documents to assure continuous workflow of the department.
- Assist with training others on the console to assure coordination and consistency in operation of the department and orginization.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 3 years in customer service area that require data entry, telecommunications, application and customer interaction 3 years in Teleservices area. 3 years Multi-line/PBX environment
Minimum: 1 year in customer service area that require data entry, telecommunications, application and customer interaction 1 year in Teleservices area. 1 year Multi-line/PBX environmentSpecial Skills
Preferred: Multiline PBX skills and advanced computer skills
Minimum: Basic computer skills. Experience with office equipment, telephone systems and multiple computer applications. Excellent PBX skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5368 - Representative-Customer Service Telephone
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Teleservices Admin Baptist Memphis
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Evenings
Located in the Memphis metro area