Job ID: 12762
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Job Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
This job posting is no longer active.
Provides innovative leadership to maximize the department's contribution to overall hospital performance through effective planning as well as human and financial resource management which result in quality outcomes in line with financial goals of the institution. Responsible for assuring hospital compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as well as accrediting organizations. Responsible for planning, implementation and marketing of services which meet the needs of identified internal and external customers. This responsibility is to be accomplished through ongoing evaluation and assessment of customer needs and expectations, identification of gaps between needs/expectations and present services which will result in development of improvement plans with measurable goals (with specific accountability and timeframes) to enhance services. Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
- Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding all key performance indicators for Cash Posting
- Organizes, administers and evaluates activities through procedures which adhere to policies of the department in order to manage business office functions pertaining to cash posting
- Work with the Director to review and enhance technology, banking structure and ensure cash controls are mirroring industry best practice
- Manage the hiring, training, mentoring, and development of all direct employees.
- Manage the new hire onboarding and 90-day evaluation process to ensure new hires are progressing at an effective pace and implement corrective action plans as needed
- Evaluate the new hire selection process regularly to determine if any changes need to be made in the screening or selection process.
- Work with department supervisor to review employee's performance evaluations and implement corrective action plans as needed.
- Coach and mentor Supervisors utilizing various techniques to maintain high performing teams.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in the functional design and development of role specific training that is relevant and necessary for the continuous development of the technical competencies of the team.
- Communicate the departmental vision, policies, and goals.
- Use sound judgment in managing assigned duties to ensure departmental budget is being utilized wisely.
- Project and maintain a high level of ethics and personal integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related field Education
High school diploma. Experience:
Minimum - Seven or more years in a leadership role in a health care setting.
Leadership experience in a hospital or physician revenue cycle office. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey. At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17842 - Manager-Finance/Cash Posting
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Corporate Finance Admin Corporate
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time Work
Located in the Memphis metro area