Projects God's love by providing pastoral care to patients, families and colleagues through routine and/or referral visitation, crisis and bereavement care, support activities, educational events, and worship services. These services are provided during the staff member's assigned shift and on-call rotations for nights, weekends, and holidays as required. Staff members are subject to recall as needed. The position is under the general supervision and direction of the director of Pastoral Care. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Provides pastoral care through routine and/or referral visitation.
- Provides crisis and bereavement care during times of deaths, codes, and other emergencies.
- Contibutes to the development and implementation of support activities for patients, families, and colleagues.
- Provides chapel/worship services as required.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: >1600 hours (4 or more units) of CPE preferably in residence.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree, Master of Divinity (or equivalent) from an accredited seminary, Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)1600 hours of CPE (4 units).Experience
Preferred: 2 years
Minimum: 1 year service in a Southern Baptist church or institution, or previous clinical pastoral experience in any institution.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2531 - Chaplain
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Pastoral Care Baptist Memphis
Category: Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Evenings
Located in the Memphis metro area