Works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care services, while considering patient specific factors, through the prioritization and processing of medication orders, the preparing of medications for dispensing, distribution and stocking of patient care locations for subsequent drug administration. Performs data collections, assembly and interpretation for limited quality programs. Performs other duties as assignedResponsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Practices the Medication-Use Process: Procures, handles, prepares, distributes, charges/credits and disposes of medication safely and accurately.
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Participates in inventory management.
- Uses and maintains automation/equipment.
- Assists the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Provides education/training.
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for operational unit and entity.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skills in communicating clearly and effective use of standard English in written, oral and verbal format. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Experience with Microsoft suite applications, automated pharmacy equipment. Previous hospital experience.
Minimum: Previous experience in setting involving medication distribution.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: CPHTSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer skills, typing skills, calculation skills, communication skills.Training
Preferred: Technician training program/academy.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 6242 - Technician-Pharmacy II
Facility: BMH-Golden Triangle Hospital
Department: GT Oncology BMH GTR
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson metro area.