The Academic Success Coach is responsible for promoting a positive and successful learning experience for students in an effort to increase student retention, success, and degree completion. The Academic Success Coach will assist students with goal setting, provide continuous communication and follow-up to maximize goal attainment. Responsible for 8 hour/5 days/week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the typical workday, including weekends.Responsibilities
• Provides one-on-one coaching related to academic
• Collaborates with key constituents to address students' academic performance (e.g., advisor, instructors, and BUE coordinator) to address student issues.
• Closely track students; progress, through communication and analytics, for each academic term to ensure class attendance and academic progress.
• Assist students in addressing problems and refer them to appropriate resources on campus.
• Assumes primary responsibility for early intervention, implementation, and follow-up for students assigned an Early Alert.
• Assist students in establishing goals for high levels of engagement towards academic progress and success.
• Design and coordinate transition and retention programming to promote student success.
• Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
Desired: Master's Degree in Student Affairs Professional Program, Student Development or Higher Education.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in relevant disciplines which include English, Reading, Mathematics, Counseling, Psychology or Education. Experience
Desired: Two (2) years experience in Student Affairs, Academic Services or related higher education experience.
Minimum: Two (2) years experience of related higher education experience, Counseling, Psychology or related field.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products and previous experience with student information software, such as Jenzabar EX.Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16208 - Coach-Academic Success
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Title III Grant University
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area