Manages the functions related to obtaining and awarding financial aid to all eligible students and for maintaining compliance with any regulatory body, public or private. Serves as a liaison among students and their families and the College in regard to the financial aid process. Under the general supervision of the Financial Aid Supervisor, responsible for one shift 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the normal workday.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Coordinates financial aid programs to ensure compliance and accountability to appropriate agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Counsels students/family on various aspects of financial aid programs and facilitates the application process.
- Maintains familiarity with laws and regulations related to financial aid and student loans, and disseminates information to appropriate people to ensure that the college is in compliance.
- Completes, submits, and maintains records and related documents for student loans and financial aid.
- Participates in financial aid seminars and in marketing the availability of financial aid to various groups and individuals to promote enrollment in the college.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Desired: Master's Degree desired, in student personnel, counseling, business, or related field.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in student personnel, counseling, business, or related field or equivalent experience
Three (3) years experience in the field ofstudent financial aid in a college setting.Experience
Desired: Five (5) years experience in the area of student financial aid in a college setting.
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2157 - Officer-Financial Aid
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Financial Aid Office University
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area