Develops, administers, manages, and implements all activities for areas of accountability. Works in close collaboration with the healthcare team to meet and support diverse organizational business initiatives/strategies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to standardization of systems, identification of efficiencies, financial oversight for areas of accountability, integration of performance improvement strategies, support of strategic business initiatives, processes and communication plans which support goal attainment while fostering patient, physician and employee satisfaction. Works collaboratively with all departments. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Manages and sustains an organizational culture which reinforces the quality of services essential to high performance.
- Fosters transparency, interdisciplinary collaboration, and accountability in areas of responsibility.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of administration, and the delivery of services.
- Optimizes resource allocation to support current and potential objectives and initiatives.
- Manages a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient, and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging environment.
Preferred: Basic knowledge of management practices and techniques of staffing.Working knowledge of TJC and AORN standards relating to instrument processing. Knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficienty. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Management in hospital or medical related field preferred. Experience in a Central Sterile processing unit or in a surgical setting.
Minimum: Management experience.Special Skills
Minimum: Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service and program delivery. Computer literacyAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17984 - Manager-Central Sterile Supply
Department: JS Surgery ISPD MBMC
Category: Supply Chain & Materials Management
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area