The Research Coordinator, RN- I is responsible for coordinating the conduct of research protocols, assuring that the integrity and quality of the research is maintained and that the research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal, and sponsor regulations and guidelines, BMHCC and BCRI policies and procedures. This includes the coordination of clinical research activities, patient clinical care and management, recruitment, screening, scheduling, enrollment, submission of data, randomization and patient follow-up. This position may act as a liaison between the hospital, the IRB, study sponsors, and all investigators. This position will collaborate with research coordinators, data managers and regulatory specialists. Travel may be required.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Facilitates compliance with the requirements of the research protocol and good clinical practice while remaining cognizant of the needs of diverse patient populations.
- Communicates with research team to facilitate the effective conduct of clinical trials.
- Demonstrates leadership in ensuring patient comprehension and safety during initial and ongoing clinical trial informed consent discussions.
- Manages the activities of patients participating in clinical trials, ensuring compliance with protocol procedures, assessments, and reporting requirements.
- Ensures collection of source data and completion of documentation that validate the integrity of the conduct of the clinical trial.
- Enhances recruitment while being mindful of the needs of diverse patient populations.
- Enhances adherence to ethical practices during the conduct of clinical trials in order to protect the rights and well-being of patients and the collection of quality data.
- Identifies financial variables that affect research and supports good financial stewardship in clinical trials.
- Identifies his or her ongoing professional development needs and seeks resources and opportunities to meet those needs, such as memberships in nursing, oncology, or research organizations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred: Preferred/Desired bachelors degree in Nursing.
Minimum: Currently licensed nurse or equivalent combination of education and experienceExperience
Preferred: 2 years of Oncology or Clinical Research Experience
Minimum: 2 years of Research or Clinical experienceLicensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: Certifications - SOCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates), ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals), Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), HAZMAT, CCRP or CCRC
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days; RN License required by state.Special Skills
Preferred: Computer skills to include MS Word, Excellent organizational skills. Detail oriented. Experience with EMR and Clinical Trial Management SystemAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17992 - Coordinator-Research Nurse I RN
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: BCRI Baptist Clinical Research
Category: Nurse RN
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area