Supervises warehouse and logistics operations by coordination of personnel and activities to accomplish timely and accurate delivery, set-up, and education of home medical equipment and supplies. Assists in inventory operations and in the management of the fleet vehicles for maintenance, repairs, and licensing compliance.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Supervises and monitors daily operational functions through scheduling of personnel, assessment of equipment and supplies, organization of inventory, logistics and delivery driver activities, productivity, and resource management in order to deliver efficient and effective home medical equipment services.
- This position interviews, hires, does performance evaluations, responsible for corrective action (discipline process) and termination if needed.
- Trains staff (and performs competency assessments) to be knowledgeable regarding use and operation of equipment and supplies, cleaning/processing and repair of equipment, storage and handling, and receiving of stock into warehouse.
- Facilitates and participates in performance improvement activities by participating in development of performance plan and sharing data with leadership for assigned areas to ensure safety and quality are consistent with established standards.
- Identifies and implements security practices including, but not limited to, cycle counts, physical inventory, and tracking of equipment sent for repair.
- Assists in the management of delivery fleet to include maintenance records, repairs, inspections, and licensing compliance.
- Overall responsibility for chemical selection and safe use; oxygen storage and safe use; and driving safety by arranging for demonstration and training by vendors on an annual basis. Is responsible for warehouse operations as related to Joint Commission accreditation- Equipment Management standards- and State of Tennessee licensure.
- May be required to deliver, set up and train patients and family in the use of home medical equipment to meet customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred: Completion of a 2-year degree or equivalent knowledge/experience in home medical equipment operations, distribution, and personnel management.
Minimum: High School diploma and knowledge of inventory operations, distribution, and personnel managementExperience
- Two years home medical equipment experience
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- One year of supervisory experience
- One year of home medical equipment experience
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Preferred: Knowledge of the area geography, roads, routes, etc.
Minimum: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1430 - Supervisor-Home Medical Equipment Operations
Department: AC BHME Memphis
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area