The research coordinator I is responsible for coordinating the conduct of research protocols, assuring that the integrity and quality of the research is maintained and that the research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal, and sponsor regulations and guidelines, BMHCC policies and procedures. This includes recruitment, screening, enrollment, randomization and management of the patient per the research protocol. The research coordinator I will collect data, patient reported outcomes, and questionnaires as required. The research coordinator I may act as a liaison between the hospital, the IRB, study sponsors, and all investigators. The research coordinator I will collaborate with research coordinators, data managers and regulatory specialists. Other duties may be performed as assigned. Travel may be required.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Understands and knowledgeable of policies, procedures, and regulations governing human subject?s research and incorporates them in securing approval for and the conduct of research.
- Implements, coordinates, manages and reports to the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Implements, coordinates and manages clinical research operations.
- Establishs and maintains communication with Investigators, research staff, study sponsors, research participants and their family members, and representatives of professional organizations associated with the conduct of the research.
- Serves as an advocate for the human subjects by establishing and maintaining compliance in the conduct of the research protocol.
- Actively identifies and participates in training, education and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance to sustain and enhance professional development.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum: High School DiplomaExperience
Preferred: 2 Years Research Experience
Minimum: 2 years Lab, Medical and/or Research backgroundLicensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: BLSSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer skills to include MS Word, Excellent Organizational Skills. Detail Oriented; Experience with EMR and Clinical Trials Management SystemTraining
Preferred: Knowledge of Medical TerminologyAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18044 - Coordinator-Research I
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Nursing Admin Corporate
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Part Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area