Educates students in general education core; and/or health studies; and/or professional courses by providing instructional experiences that support mission and goals of University and/or program. Assesses educational outcomes and uses data to revise curriculum and instructional methodology with goal of ensuring competent entry-level practitioners and good citizens. Under the administrative direction of the Academic Dean and/or general direction of the Program Chair. Position may require hours beyond the 8-hour workday.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Facilitates the creation of a learning environment for student instruction that encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction and respect for the uniqueness and strengths of each individual.
- Advises and tutors students and evaluates academic progression of students in meeting requirements for the program of study and in accomplishing program outcomes.
- Demonstrates a professional role within the discipline by remaining current with trends, issues and practices.
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration in the department and the University through committee assignments, faculty governance, peer review and campus activities.
Desired: Master's Degree in the teaching or professional discipline.
Master's Degree in the teaching or professional discipline; or
Master's Degree with a minimum of eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline; or
Master's Degree in a related or academically appropriate discipline and
the terminal degree/certificate in the professional discipline. Experience
Desired: Teaching experience in a college setting; Good character, mature attitude and stable personality; Promise of excellence in teaching and in scholarly or creative works.
Evidence of potential ability in teaching;
Good character, mature attitude and stable personality;
Promise of excellence in teaching and in scholarly or creative works. Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Participation in professional organizations. Current license/certification to practice in the State of Tennessee as appropriate to professional practice areas.
Current license/certification to practice in the State of Tennessee as appropriate to professional practice areas.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2120 - Instructor-PRN
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Allied Health University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area