Under the administrative direction of the Academic Dean, responsible for all aspects of program operation. This includes leadership and management of all aspects of the educational program. Also serves as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). A CSA has significant responsibility for student and campus activities and is designated as an individual to whom student and employees should report criminal offenses. It is the responsibility of the CSA to report all allegations of crimes to the campus Security Office. Position may require hours beyond the 8-hour workdayResponsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Plans, organizes and administers educational program in compliance with accreditation standards, institutional policies and procedures, and health care delivery and management workforce needs.
- Develops and maintains program curricular offerings and course content and learning strategies to facilitate successful student outcomes
- Demonstrates leadership for the academic program and/or in the University through committee assignments, faculty governance, peer review, campus activities and professional organizations.
- Participates in institutional accreditation efforts, and where appropriate, maintains individual program accreditation requirements by adhering to regulatory standards, supervising the implementation of assessment procedures and utilizing data for program improvement.
Desired: Earned doctorate from an accredited institution in a related or academically appropriate discipline and the terminal degree/certificate in the professional discipline; orEarned doctorate from an accredited institution in the teaching or professional discipline or in a related or academically appropriate discipline with a minimum of eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
Minimum: Master's Degree in a related discipline or an appropriate discipline for college teaching and the terminal degree in the professional discipline; or
Earned doctorate from an accredited institution in the teaching or professional discipline or in a related or academically appropriate discipline with a minimum of eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.Experience
Desired: Three (3) years professional and two (2) years instructional experience as Director of an accredited degree granting program.
Minimum: Experience in the profession or in an accredited professional program equivalent to four (4) years of college teaching.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Current licensure/certification, board certification registration or license to practice in the State of Tennessee as appropriate to professional practice areas.
Minimum: Current licensure/certification, board certification registration or license to practice in the State of Tennessee as appropriate to professional practice areas.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1050 - Program Chair Assistant-Undergraduate Prof w/o Doctorate
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Allied Health University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area