Responsible for the supervision of security personnel and activities on an assigned shift to assure the security and safety of persons and property on the premises of Baptist Memorial Hospital following established policies and procedures. Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Security, incumbent is responsible for daily operations on site a minimum of 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. Some additional work and call back hours may be required.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Evaluates work performance, administers discipline and counseling, checks written reports, and develops OFC on subordinates. Develops and maintains a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the department.
- Coaches, monitors, and evaluates actions taken by sworn officers to determine compatibility with hospital and department policies and applicable legal standards.
- Responds and takes charge of incidents of unlawfulness, violence, and misconduct to assure the operation of the hospital will not be effected.
- Controls the night deposit system and access to the hospital vault by key controls and camera system. Monitors department equipment including vehicles, firearms, radios, and key; requests/initiates repairs or replacements.
- Coordinates security activities with other departments to correct deficiencies in crime prevention, physical security and safety.
Minimum: Skill and proficiency to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations and use oral grammar as normally required through official completion of high school or its equivalentExperience
Minimum: Knowledge of legal guideline in the principals of arrest-search-seizure as acquired through at least three (3) years' experience in law enforcement, military police, or institutional security and the knowledge of hospital policies, procedures, and practices. Valid driver's license, ability to obtain a special officer's commission/surety bond and a firearms certificate as required by the state of Tennessee.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: Heartsaver within 14 days of hire. Valid driver's license, ability to obtain a special officer's commission/surety bond and a firearms certificate as required by the state of Tennessee. CPI TrainingAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1029 - Lieutenant-First
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Security Baptist Memphis
Category: Facilities & Security
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Nights
Located in the Memphis metro area