Provides direct clinical services to patient and client populations served by Baptist Behavioral Healthcare-Willowbrook in accordance with accepted clinical practice standards. Social Workers are subject to call back.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Provides guidance and support to clients by assessing their personal needs to facilitate problem resolution.
- Provides assistance in developing appropriate clinical programming and treatment regimens.
- Provides educational experiences for patients, families, community groups and collateral agencies as scheduled or requested.
- Provides individual group, family and marital counseling to patients and families by utilizing interpersonal skills, knowledge and counseling guidelines to enhance understandings, coping with, and adjustment to illness/condition and treatment/hospitalization.
- Provides referral information to clients, employers, court systems or other agencies regarding community resources or appropriate treatment facilities by maintaining knowledge of availability.
- Participates in performance improvement activities by completing necessary activity and subsequent documentation to ensure quality is consistent with established standards.
- Performs related accountabilities as required or directed.
Preferred: Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or related field. Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Master/Clinical Social Worker.
Minimum: Masters degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related field. Eligible for licensed professional counselor or licensed master/clinical social worker.Experience
Preferred: Three years experience in psychology, counseling, social work, or related field. Experience in mental health education and public speaking.
Minimum: Experience in psychology, counseling, social work, or relate field. .Licensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: LMSW;LPC;LCSWSpecial Skills
Minimum: Advanced communication, conflict management, organizational and planning skills. Basic computer literacy skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2568 - Therapist-Behavioral Health
Facility: BMH-Golden Triangle Hospital
Department: GT I/P Psychiatric Unit BMH GTR
Category: Social Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson metro area.