Supports the design, development, administration and implementation of compensation programs, policies, structures and practices. Collects data, evaluates, analyzes, designs, implements, and administers all compensation programs. Develops documentation for compensation processes and procedures. Creates and updates job descriptions and evaluates jobs. Performs market research, analyzes data, and makes recommendations as to job pricing. Assists with administration of most phases of the performance appraisal process. Prepares reports to assist with planning, job offers and equity decisions.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Partner with department leadership and HR Managers and Directors to support compensation processes by performing data analyses, modeling and costing.
- Evaluates the organization's jobs, documenting responsibilities and requirements in job descriptions. Assist in maintenance and administration of compensation management tools.
- Develops effectiveness in the use of data visualization to turn complex data into simple and easy to understand narratives for senior business leaders and HR stakeholders. Assist in developing compensation solutions to help meet organizational talent needs.
- Assist with the development of compensation training and presentation materials.
- Contributes organizational data to, and analyzes results of, compensation surveys.
- Conducts market analysis of company jobs to determine competitive positioning of the organization's pay programs.
- Participates in annual salary administration programs, including salary structure creation and maintenance and development of salary increase budgets.
- Participates in administration of annual performance management program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred: Master's degree in human resources, finance, accounting, or related field.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in human resources, finance, accounting or related field or equivalent relative experience in lieu of degree.Experience
Minimum: One year of compensation related experienceLicensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), PHR or SCPSpecial Skills
Minimum: Demonstrated knowledge in using Microsoft Excel including vlookups, pivot tables and formula generation.
Solid working knowledge of other MS Office applications including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate potentially detailed and complex information to others.
Ability to protect and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information with discretion and tact.
Aptitude and willingness to work with complex procedures.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities and deadlines in a professional manner.
Ability to work independently and with a team.
Strong work ethic with the willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities.
Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and common sense.
Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, peers, leadership and partners across a geographically dispersed environment.
Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions and meet deadlines and milestones for projects and assignments.
Ability to work extended hours as necessary to fulfill time sensitive responsibilities.
Preferred: Experience working with HRIS systems, Lawson or Oracle preferred. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18233 - Analyst-Compensation Associate
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS HRD Compensation Corporate
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area