Promotes a high level of customer satisfaction during patient interactions, requiring knowledge of departmental and corporate policies and procedures. Maintains accurate and timely billing information, processes appointments, and daily reconciles charge and payment entries and bank deposit. Incumbents are subject to overtime and callback as required. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Completes daily front office operations through excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Greets and assists patient/visitors in the check in/out process in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures and adheres to all applicable policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all revenue cycle responsibilities.
Preferred: Associate's Degree
Minimum: High School Diploma. Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties. Experience
Preferred: Experience in clinical office work and/or general cashier work. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Minimum: NoneSpecial Skills
Preferred: Experience with EMR and Clinical Trial Management System.
Minimum: Computer skills to include MS Work, Excellent organizational skills. Detail oriented. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11562 - Coordinator-Customer Service
Facility: BMG - Byram Family Medicine Clinic
Department: MG JS Byram FM Clinic
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area