Organizes and coordinates daily technician assignments required to suport and maintain safe medication use processes. Performs other levels of technician duties during shortages. This position is under the direction of the area manager. Incumbent is assigned to work 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. Subject to overtime and call back as required by the hospital. Performs other duties as assignedResponsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Participates in minor disciplinary/re-education processes.
- Practices the Medication-Use Process: Procures, handles, prepares, distributes, charges/credits and disposes of medication safely and accurately.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for operational unit and entity.
- Participates in inventory management.
- Participates actively on inter- and intra-departmental committees.
- Writes, modifies and/or distributes pharmacy technician/support personnel schedule.
- Uses and maintains automation/equipment.
- Participates in hiring and retention recommendations.
- Assists the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Provides education/training.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skills in communicating clearly and effective use of standard English in written, oral and verbal format. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Previous supervisory experience.
Minimum: Experience with Microsoft suite applications, automated pharmacy equipment.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: CPHTSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer skills, typing skills, calculation skills, communication skills. Demonstrates leadership abilities.Training
Preferred: Advanced training in supervision.
Minimum: Technician training program/academy and/or previous hospital pharmacy experience.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 12454 - Technician-Pharmacy Lead
Facility: BMH - Golden Triangle Hospital
Department: GT Pharmacy BMH GTR
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson metro area.