Works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care services, while considering patient specific factors. This could be through the prioritization and processing of medication orders, the preparing of medications for dispensing, distribution and stocking of patient care locations for subsequent drug administration. Performs data collections, assembly and interpretation for limited quality programs. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- May practices the Medication-Use Process: Procures, handles, prepares, distributes, charges/credits and disposes of medication safely and accurately.
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- May participates in inventory management.
- May use and maintain automation/equipment.
- Provides education/training as appropriate.
- May be involved in processing and preparing sterile products for dispensing.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for operational unit and entity.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Advanced degree in related field
Minimum: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience as required by the position.Experience
Preferred: One year hospital experience.
Minimum: Advanced competencies in any of the following: 1. Settings where most of the workload consists of gathering and processing patient / clinical information for prior authorizations, refill authorizations, or patient assistance applications, 2. High risk compounding, 3. Tech check tech 4. Med history, 5. NICU/Pediatric, 6. Other duties that require certification / program completion (i.e. Narcotic/ASHP Diversion Certification)Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: CPHT. State Board of Pharmacy registration required in the state where work is performed, in accordance with the state's rules and regulations.Special Skills
Minimum: Computer skills, typing skills, calculation skills, communication skills.Training
Preferred: Technician training program/academy.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 14596 - Technician-Pharmacy III
Facility: BMH - Tipton Hospital
Department: TC Stem Cell Transplant BMH Tipton
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days