Performs clerical, data entry and general office duties in a responsible and confidential nature. Answers telephone and directs employees to appropriate Human Resources staff member when unable to provide all necessary assistance. Works somewhat independently gathering and summarizing information for preparation of special projects. Provides assistance to the Human Resources Manager and Director to plan, organize, implement, and control operations and activities to meet department goals and objectives. Assists department managers in wage and salary matters. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Performs clerical, data entry and general office duties.
- Maintains an organized and efficient office by keeping department files and records in an accessible, orderly and current condition to ensure continuous work flow in the department.
- Assists internal and external applicants with employment needs and the facilitation of personnel transactions.
- Administers benefit plans.
- Assists HR Manager and Director with the performance management process by responding to issues pertaining to pay and compensation.
- Utilizes information and telecommunications systems to maintain records, correspondence and reports in a standardized form by staying trained and implementing systems as directed.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Bachelor degree preferred
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 2 years human resources experience . Healthcare experience is preferred.
Minimum: 2 years secretarial/clerical experience.Special Skills
Preferred: Intermediate to advanced experience with all Microsoft products and their associated programs.
Minimum: Previous experience using automated HR/Payroll system. Proficient in Excel and Word.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5339 - Specialist-Human Resources
Facility: BMH - Memphis Hospital
Department: ME HRD Administration Baptist Memphis
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area