Coordinates and facilitates business functions in support of physician services and referral development department to include: processing patient referrals accurately and efficiently through data entry and with established productivitiy guidelines and tools; gerneration of reports, communication and follow up with physican office staff and patients, problem resolution and service recovery.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Review all incoming referrals and schedule appointments for various practices and specialities
- Communicates referral information and confirmation with patients and referring physican/office staff.
- Maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers by providing service assistance and open communication.
- Review and submit all medical records related to referral appointments as requested by physicans.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Referral Processing Medical Billing experience Associates Degree
Minimum: Knowledge of medical terminology Medical Assistant experience/training 1-year collegeExperience
Preferred: Preferably within the healthcare industry.
Minimum: Two years of office experience.Special Skills
Minimum: Computer literate.Training
Minimum: Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally anbd written, with patients, physicans and office staff to provide optimal levels of patient care. Skill and proficiency in applying the highly technical principles, concepts and techniques which are central to daily office coordination/administration.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5609 - Representative-Physician Referral
Facility: BMG - Physician Referral Center
Department: MG Referral
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area