Blood Bank Director is responsible to provide oversight and leadership to both hospital and clinical laboratory departments and operations. Provides innovative leadership to maximize the entity's contribution to overall corporation performance through effective planning as well as human and financial goals of the corporation.
Provides leadership and facilitates communication with various hospital departments and Metro hospitals by assuring timely, accurate, efficient and appropriate performance and reporting of patient information. To encourage continuous quality improvement in patient service. Supervises both clerical and professional staff. This position us under the direct supervision of the Director of Pathology. Incumbent is responsible for 24 hours/day, 7 days/week; on site 8 hours/day, 5 days/week subject to overtime and call back as required.Responsibilities
-Prepare, submit and manage budget for assigned departments.
-Supervise staff and ensure compliance with all policies. Ensure adequate staffing in each department
-Overseeing scheduling and daily operations.
-Implement and assess a comprehensive quality assurance program to meet regulatory agency requirements, including safety and infection control guidelines.
-Provides leadership through facilitating Baptist vision/values through personal example and interaction with staff to communicate policies and goals.
• Assures the efficient operation of the department by monitoring expenditures and justifying variances, and developing budgetary goals to comply with budgetary, quality, and regulatory requirements.
• Determine staffing job requirements by interviewing potential employees, evaluating performance, and approving schedules to ensure quality patient outcomes.
• Serves as a resource for the staff by sharing technical knowledge of procedures to assure all patient information and reports meet both hospital and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates all continuous quality improvement initiatives by consulting with other departments to provide added value to department service level.
• Provides leadership by advising and directing the staff and communicating with employees regularly to enhance the goal setting for employees and department. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Bachelor Degree and completion Blood bank completion of AMA approved program for approved BB Specialist Program. Medical Technology required.
Master's Degree in Business Administration Healthcare administration desired.
Tennessee Department of Public Health Care Tech General Supervisor License, Certification ASCP or equivalent.
SBB Certification required for Blood Bank About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 128 - Director-Blood Bank Metro
Facility: BMH - Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Path Blood Bank Baptist Memphis
Category: Laboratory & Pathology
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area