Directs the operations and strategic planning of career and leadership development programs for faculty and staff of the Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM). The position will work very closely with Director of BHSU Center for Healthcare Focused Teaching and Learning Center to guide the University's academic, career, and leadership development. The position encompasses a diverse array of duties, including developing a strategic program for faculty and staff development, designing resources for BUCOM faculty and staff, designing and implementing faculty and staff development programs, and having extensive knowledge of internal and external faculty and staff programs. The Director will work with interdisciplinary teams and committees that have an impact on the overall operation, strategic direction, and success of the office.
This position will work to support the University and BUCOM's goals and mission of supporting and developing students, staff, faculty and faculty leaders. The individual will be instrumental in developing and implementing the student development initiatives, in collaboration with the Deans from Academic and Clinical Affairs. Responsibilities
1. Manage and coordinate the implementation of student/faculty/staff development programs, including recruiting and coordinating individuals to deliver career and leadership development content. Offers workshops, seminars, and training sessions to support faculty growth while overseeing program.
2. Determines faculty career and leadership development programming needs for the BUCOM through regular needs assessments and other feedback mechanisms. Evaluates and enhances faculty performance assessment tools to encourage professional growth.
3. Develops and implement orientation programs for new faculty and staff.
4. Develop and implement faculty/staff career and leadership development programs and evaluation of quality improvement measures.
5. Assists in the creation of a library of resources for faculty and staff.
6. Analyzes outcomes, undertake evaluation projects using data from the evaluation portfolios, and develop key recommendations to division leadership. Prepare reports showing use and success of programs for internal and external communication (e.g., presentations, grants).
7. Supervises the recruitment, development, and performance of staff.
8. Oversees the strategic and daily operations of the Learning Specialists to evaluate, execute, and advance effective and pragmatic student learning and academic advising programs to meet the diverse learning needs of the medical student body.
9. Responsibilities that include individual learning consultations for first - fourth year medical students, evaluating and advancing the academic and clinical learning environment, and collaborating with academic and administrative leadership in the Offices of Medical Education, Student Affairs, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to ensure effective student academic support and success.
10. Develop student remediation programs to assist learners in academic jeopardy. Work with the academic success coach to develop methods for improving study habits, wellbeing, and success. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Master's degree in Education, Instructional Design, or a related field.
Minimum 2 years of experience working in higher education with teaching, training faculty members, instructional design, curriculum development, or assessment. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18382 - Director-Faculty, Staff, and Student Development
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education - Admin University
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area