Diagnoses and implements technical solutions to biomedical equipment problems by providing technical repair and maintenance services on sophisticated biomedical technology, as well as, providing a variety of service support to clinical departments and physicians to ensure the highest possible reliability and performance of patient care technology. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assesses symptoms, diagnoses, repairs and maintains biomedical equipment and systems resulting in highest possible reliability and uptime performance.
- Evaluates and utilizes vendors and resources in order to decrease or minimize operational expense and improve quality outcomes.
- Develops effective customer/supplier agreements by collaborating, and effectively communicating with clinicians, managers and physicians in order to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Provides input on planning and projects by assisting in the planning, and installing biomedical equipment to assure the safe and effective operation of patient care technology.
- Serves as a training resource to users of biomedical equipment by training clinicians on the safe operation of equipment in order to assure the safe and effective use of patient care technology.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Bachelors Degree in appropriate field.
Minimum: Associate's degree in biomedical engineering or equivalent.Experience
Preferred: One year of biomedical engineering experience in the healthcare setting.
Minimum: Hospital based internship as part of academic program.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Minimum: Basic computer literacy skills required.Training
Preferred: Completion of vocational or technical training programs desired.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 4054 - Technician-Biomedical I
Facility: BMH - Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Clinical Engineering BMH Desoto
Category: Clinical Technician/Technologist
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area