Provides leadership within the genetic counseling department for all participating entities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing clinical services, participating in medical and community genetics education, identifying research opportunities, and assisting in developing the genetics program. Provide oversight and address emergent issues with patients, clinics, students, and staff. Reports to the Director of Genetics. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
• Performs assigned professional genetics services to provide highest excellence in patient care by coordinating and interacting with appropriate personnel as required by regulatory agencies.
• Provides clinical guidance to patients and healthcare professionals as well as genetic counseling services, including but not limited to, syndrome identification, medical management, genetics testing, psychosocial counseling, and multidisciplinary coordination of patient services.
• Recommends potential research project opportunities which support the design of the most effective/efficient patient care delivery models to meet the needs of targeted patient populations throughout BMHCC.
• Participates in an array of educational offerings for healthcare professionals as well as the community.
• Direct clinic flow and address concerns regarding patients, clinic, and other genetic counseling workflow.
• Work with the director of Genetic Counseling to complete yearly committee reports.
• Clinical supervision of interns and training of new staff members.
• Completes assigned goals in a timely manner and sets examples for department staff to model. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Master's degree of Genetic Counseling or related field.
2 years as a Board Certified Genetic Counselor, American Board of Genetic Counseling.
Tennessee and Arkansas Genetic Counseling License.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18390 - Counselor-Genetic Associate Senior
Facility: BMG - Baptist Cancer Foundation
Department: BCC BCI Genetics Baptist Cancer
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area