Works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care services, while considering patient specific factors, through the prioritization and processing of medication orders, the preparing of medications for dispensing, distribution and stocking of patient care locations for subsequent drug administration. Performs data collections, assembly and interpretation for limited quality programs. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Practices the Medication-Use Process: Procures, handles, prepares, distributes, charges/credits and disposes of medication safely and accurately.
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Participates in inventory management.
- Uses and maintains automation/equipment.
- Assists the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Provides education/training.
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for operational unit and entity.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Advanced degree in related field
Minimum: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience as required by the position. Experience
Preferred: Experience with automated pharmacy equipment. Previous hospital experience.
Minimum: Previous experience in setting involving medication distribution.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: CPHT. State Board of Pharmacy registration required in the state where work is performed, in accordance with the state's rules and regulations.Special Skills
Minimum: Computer skills, typing skills, calculation skills, communication skills.Training
Preferred: Technician training program/academy.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 6219 - Technician-Pharmacy II
Facility: BMH - Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Pharmacy Baptist Memphis
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area