Job DescriptionJob Title:Regional Director OncologyRevised:January, 2023Job Code:00061026Unit:Baptist Memorial Hospital - Baptist Cancer CenterReports To:Chief Administrative Officier, Associate Administrator or ExecutiveDirectorPurpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility:
Provides innovative leadership to maximize the Cancer Center's contribution to the overall hospital performance through effective planning, as well as, human and financial resource management which results in quality outcomes in line with financial goals of the institution.Responsible for assuring hospital compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as, accrediting organizations.Incumbant is accountable for departmental management twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities
E1.Planning, implementation and marketing of departmental services which meet the needs of identified internal and external customers.
E2.Operational management of the department including but not limited to hiring, training, supervising, counseling, evaluating, all employees and maintaining regulatory requirements .
E3.Financial management of the department including but not limited to capital and operational budgeting, variance analysis and management of resources within financial and productivity standards.
E4.Leadership of the department through communicating the BMH vision/values, coaching, monitoring, counseling, and setting of departmental policies and goals.
E5.Communciation/Interaction with identified internal and external customers.
E6.Ensures compliance with all federal, state,accrediting and regulatory agencies as it relates to the operations of the department.
E7.Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing education to provide expected standards of care.
E8.Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
E9.Responsible for developing the Baptist Cancer Center in collaboration with the Administrative/Medical Staff/System Leadership which meet the needs of the community, as well as, the overall goals of Baptist including program/referral development and communicty outreach.
E10.Responsible for continued development of the Baptist cancer center through quality initiatives, clinical research development, staff education and development, and medical staff communication and in allignment with system initiatives.Minimum Qualifications
Licensure Registration, Certification
Bachelors of Science in Radiologic Technology, Radiation Therapy, Nursing, Business or related degree or equivalent experience.
3 years of experience in the field of oncology, radiology, radiation therapy, nursing, or practice management/administration including management/supervisory
Specific to area of specialty if required.Desired Qualifications
Licensure Registration, Certification
Master's of Science in Radiologic Technology, Radiation Therapy, Nursing, MBA or related degree.
5 years of experience in the field of oncology in radiology, radiation therapy, nursing or practice management/administration with 3 years management experience and a minimum of 2 years in a Cancer Center.
Registered with the ARRT, CMD Certification or State Board of Nursing licensure, FACHE, etc.Physical RequirementsEssential Physical Requirements:
Work requires the physical demands of sitting, standing, bending, lifting, stooping or performing other work requiring light physical exertion (up to 30 pounds) on an occasional basis (up to 15% of time) and frequent walking.
Must be able to use written, auditory, and verbal sources of information; exhibit digital dexterity; be able to process infromation and prioritize work load.Environmental ConditionsEssential Environmental Conditions:
Work is performed under basically normal working conditions as in a standard office environment.Performance StandardsDirector Cancer Services
E1.Planning, implementation and marketing of services which meet the needs of identified internal and external customers. Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
1.Ongoing evaluation and assessment of customer needs and expectations.
2.Analysis of customer satisfaction feedback.
3.Analysis of gaps between identified needs/expectations and present services.
4.Development of plans to meet identified needs and expectations.
5.Implementation of plans developed for service enhancements.
6.Monitoring effectiveness of implemented service enhancements.
7.Ongoing implementation of Service First training for staff.
8.Ongoing implementation of Service First initiatives.
1.Knowledge of hospital mission, vision, and values.
2.Knowledge of utilization management, quality management and operations management.
3.Knowledge of hospital's policies and procedures.
4.Knowledge of strategic planning and marketing.
7.Critical thinking skills.
9.Understanding customer needs.
10.Outcome measurement skills.
E2.Operational management including but not limited to hiring, training, supervising, counseling, evaluating, all employees and maintaining regulatory requirements . Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
1.Assessment of departmental operations efficiency and productivity standards.
2.Analysis of employee satisfaction.
3.Employee hiring, training, supervising, and counseling.
4.Assessment of employee performance with setting of appropriate goals.
5.Promote staff development and learning through the promotion of educational offerings.
6.Outcome monitoring and evaluation.
7.Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirement.
8.Completion of 100% of evaluations on time.
9.Availability and presence after hours and weekends to staff.
3.Analytical /problem solving skills.
5.Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws.
6.Knowledge of regulatory and accrediting agencies guidelines/standards.
E3.Financial management, including but not limited to, capital and operational budgeting, variance analysis and management of resources within financial and productivity standards. Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
- Evaluation and continuous review of departmental operations for opportunities of efficiency enhancement and cost reduction.
- Implementation of productivity standards and on-going staffing analysis.
- Analysis of capital and operational budgeting variances.
- Development of business plan to support new equipment or services.
- Ongoing assessment ofdirect cost reduction and cost avoidance initiatives.
- Quarterly reporting of cost reduction initiatives as defined in the plan.
1.Detailed knowledge and understanding of strategic business unit and its role within BMH and BMHCC.
3.Basic knowledge of financial statement and budgeting process.
E4.Leadership through communicating the BMH vision/values, coaching, monitoring, counseling, and setting of departmental policies and goals.Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
1.Maintains a positive work environment that supports the mission, vision, and values of BMHCC.
2.Supports and adheres to hospital management policies.
3.Serves as a positive role model, exhibiting leadership and decision making skills, with demonstration of coaching, education, communication and negotiation.
4.Ongoing self assessment of leadership skills with continuous growth.
- Knowledge of hospital's mission, vision, and values.
- Knowledge of goals and policies.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Motivational skills.
E5Communciation/Interaction with identified internal and external customers. Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
1.Interaction with identified customers including but not limited to patients, families, hospital staff, physicians, communities, related health care organizations and vendors.
2.Assessment of customer satisfaction.
3.Identification of opportunities and developemnt of plans for enhancing customer satisfaction.
4.Implementation of customer satisfaction.
5.Monitoring effectiveness of implemented customer satisfaction.
2.Analytical/problem solving skills.
3.Understanding of customer needs.
4.Ability to implement action plans.
5.Ability to monitor outcomes.
E6Ensures compliance with all federal, state, accrediting and regulatory agencies as it relates to the operations of the department.Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
- Provides ongoing assessment of the Cancer Center practices as they relate to Joint Commission, ACS CoC, NCCCP, NCI, OSHA, ISMP, USP 797 and other regulatory and accrediting agencies as it relates to a safe work environment.
- Identification of opportunities for practice improvement and developement of corrective action plans.
- Monitoring effectiveness of action plans.
- Knowledge of JC, ACS CoC, NCCCP, NCI and other appropriate standards
- Knowledge of OSHA, ISMP, USP 797standards, state and regulatory standards for Radiation Safety
- Ability to implement action plans.
- Ability to monitor outcomes.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations.
E7Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing education to provide
expected standards of care.Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
1.Participates in performance improvement inservices and educational programs according to hospital, regional, and national guidelines.
2.Regularly holds staff meetings and is responsible for information in department meeting minutes and communication.
3.Particpates in performance appraisal and competency testing, identifying learning needs and personal goals.
4.Accepts responsibility for carrying out unit projects and assignments and educational goals.
1.Effective communication skills.
2.Ability to prioritize.
3.Ability to seek internal resources.
4.Knowledge of teaching techniques.
5.Self evaluation skills.
6.Ability to be a team player.
7.Knowledge of JC regulations pertaining to unit.
E8Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
1.Accepts additional responsibilities without neglect of assigned duties.
2.Effectively communicates with internal and external customers in support of the unit/hopsital's mission.
1.Ability to prioritize tasks.
5.Interpersonal skills to act as a team member. Performance Standards AddendumRegional Director OncologyService Line Responsibilities:
Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology Clinics/Lab, Infusion Services, Nurse Navigators, Research and other support staff.
E9.Responsible for developing the Baptist Cancer Center in collaboration with the Administrative/Medical Staff/System Leadership which meet the needs of the community, as well as, the overall goals of Baptist including program/referral development and communicty outreach.Main Activities Knowledge and Skills
- Evaluation and assessment of market statistics as it relates to area of service line accountibility.
- Evaluation and assessment of customer needs and expectations as it relates to area of service line accountability.
- Analysis of gaps between identified needs/expectations and present services.
- Coordination of strategic planning session involving all appropriate parties to disseminate information and guide discussion.
- Development of strategic planning document in collaboration with System Administrator with measurable goals and time lines.
- Communication of financial impact of service line development/expansion to expense and revenue budget.
- Implementation of plans developed for service enhancements.
- Monitoring effectiveness of implemented service enhancements.
- Attends and participates in activities of the System Director's and other Cancer Center Committees.
- Works with Cancer Center Shared Services leaders on Master and Tactical A3's for program development.
- Works to allign and cascade goales within the LEM to managers and front line staff.
- Supports all aspects of the ACS CoC Integrated Cancer Program Network Accreditation and serves as the local lead for compliance with all standards and required reporting to the System Cancer Committee.
- Knowledge of hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Presentation Skills
- Group Facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and marketing.
- Analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Interviewing skills.
- Understanding customer needs.
- Outcome measurement skills.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
- Communication skills.
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18408 - Director-Regional Oncology
Facility: BMH-Baptist Cancer Center Oxford Oncology
Department: NA BCC UCounty-Oxford BMH Union County
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area