• Develop and implement care coordination activities that support strategic initiatives around population health. Responsibilities Job Responsibilities-
• Develop and implement care coordination activities that support strategic initiatives around population health.
• Hire, train and develop SHA care coordinators on program workflows and standard work, including documentation in the EMR and third party software programs.
• Promotes patient-centered care among the healthcare team by providing coordination, collaboration and clinical expertise to meet patient needs and achieve optimal outcomes.
• Communicates and utilizes policies that support patient's fundamental right to considerate care, protects personal dignity and respects their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values in an effort to meet patient care needs and preference.
• Collaborate with Baptist Health Services Group (VP, Director, Project Manager) on payer reports, quality metrics and opportunities to improve.
• Meet with payers to review data on Gaps in Care, ED Utilization, Hospital Readmissions, and additional quality metrics, to develop improvement strategies.
• Serves as the patient's advocate by coordinating resources and services necessary to meet the patient's continuing care needs.
• Runs monthly outcome reports for SHA Complex Care Program, Transitions of Care Program and Post ED Outreach.
• Promote and utilize Performance Improvement activities by identifying, monitoring and reporting quality measures, and participating in quality improvement initiatives.
• Plan, assign and review work of the care coordinators to ensure program objectives are met.
• Hold weekly Huddle with care coordinators to discuss barriers, problem solve issues and identify opportunities to improve.
• Acts as a resource to SHA Care Coordinators for current and new work processes.
• Collaborates with the Baptist One Care Team to improve the care coordination platform in the EMR, including outcome reports.
• Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development by attendance and/or participation in continuing education programs.
• Promote prudent utilization of resources.
• Complete performance appraisals annually and provide feedback on care coordinators work performance throughout the year.
• Completes assigned goals. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
RN with 7 years in acute care or ambulatory setting. Previous experience in a payer environment. Case management certification preferred.
Bachelor's degree in nursing. One to two years previous leadership experience in a lead or supervisory role.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18480 - Manager-Care Coordination
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Baptist Connected Care
Category: Leadership & Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area