IT Media Support Administrator supports the mission of Baptist Health Science University by supporting the media room, livestreaming, video recording, and other photo/videography needs for the newly created BUCOM and the university. Under the general direction of the Systems Director - Academic Information Technology, responsible for 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the normal workday.Responsibilities
• Provide support for the use of the media room and produce public service announcements, marketing and educational clips/demonstrations, etc.
• Maintain media room, teleprompter, sound and light, and other photo/videography and livestreaming equipment
• Install hardware/software, test & setup complex audio/video (A/V) systems and equipment
• Support lecture and ad-hoc video demo recording and editing
• Develop a system to organize and catalog recorded audio and video files
• Collect & compile requirements for new projects or additional functionality, design concepts, and implement solutions
• Be a knowledge base expert on all media production, livestreaming, and video recording technologies
• Collect and analyze usage data to inform return on investment from media systems
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: BS or BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Broadcast Arts, or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
Minimum 2 years of directly applicable experience is required
• Strong familiarity with A/V technology and trends, such as professional projectors, audio/video routing equipment, mixers, speakers, large displays, etc.
• Experience with video editing, production, and streaming
• Expertise with common video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Chat and MS Teams, as well as hardware platforms such as Cisco and Poly
• Familiarity with ticket tracking, tech support tools, documentation platforms, and diagnostic systems.
• Proficiency with productivity applications such as OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in an integrated systems environment
3-5 years directly applicable experience preferred.
Experience designing & building complex A/V systems, wire integration, etc. preferably in production setting
Project Management preferred.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18535 - Administrator-IT Media Support
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Information Technology University
Category: Information Systems
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area