1. Teaching: Facilitate the creation of a learning environment for student instruction that encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction and respect for the uniqueness and strengths of each individual.
2. Professionalism and Scholarship: Demonstrate a professional role within the discipline by remaining current with trends, issues and practices.
3. Service: Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration in the department and the University through active participation.
4. Administration: Administer the operational management of the anatomy laboratory and anatomical donors; work with faculty, administration, maintenance, and instructional technology to maintain an efficient and safe environment for student learning. Responsibilities
• Participate in teaching, scholarly activities, and service in the College of Osteopathic Medicine with a goal of producing competent and holistic physicians
• Provide instructional experiences that support the mission and goals of the College and University
• Full-time, non-tenure track, exempt position under the administrative direction of the Department Chair and Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
• Distribution of time to be spent in Teaching, Research & Scholarly Activity, Service, and Administration negotiated annually based on career goals, college and administrative needs, and meeting accreditation standards.
• Maintain, inventory, order, and restock supplies for the anatomy laboratory.
• Coordinate with the donor program for delivery, inventory, and removal of cadavers.
• Coordinate with facilities, faculty, and students to maintain cleanliness of the lab.
• Coordinate with campus safety officer and maintain safety procedures for the anatomy lab including injury reporting, material data safety sheets, equipment testing, and other safety policies and procedures.
• Assist faculty with set up of anatomy labs and teaching during lab.
• Monitors collection of hazardous waste material and maintains routine schedule for waste removal.
• Supervise students in the lab.
• May occasionally require hours beyond an 8-hour workday
• Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to do the following:
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift, carry, push, pull, bend, sit, climb, and stoop.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver cadavers and equipment.
- Ability to properly handle and dispose of hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment provided due to exposure to biohazardous and/or chemically hazardous materials
Bachelor's degree in science related field or equivalent experience. Experience:
Six months handling human remains in a higher education, medical setting, morgue, hospital, mortuary, funeral home, or related facility.Knowledge:
handling and working with cadavers; appearance and general characteristics of a wide variety of human organs, tissue, and secretions; modern care, cleaning, and disinfection methods and practices of sanitizing floors, walls, fixtures, surgical instruments and equipment, to include universal precautions and aseptic techniques; principles and techniques for effectively working with and providing customer service to individuals and groups from a wide range of backgrounds; general office procedures and record keeping, including computers and software programs used to conduct, compile, maintain, and/or generate data and documentation; and general principles of work organization and prioritization.
Preferred Qualifications: Education:
Master's degree in science related field or equivalent experience. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18536 - Technician-Anatomy
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education - Academic University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area