Baptist Medical Group is seeking an Associate Program Director with GME/APD experience
to allow for the continued growth of our Family Medicine residency program at Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto, a 339 bed Tertiary Care Center located in a beautiful suburb of Southaven, MS.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FACILITY DETAILS
- Employed Opportunity with Large, Financially Stable, Integrated Health Care System
- Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation has 22 hospitals and an 750+ employed physician group
- Be part of newly formed growing team of faculty and FM residents
- Duties include but not limited to:
- Resident/faculty evaluations, academic planning, addressing disciplinary matters
- Precept residents in outpatient clinic setting
- Great work/life balance
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Incredibly competitive salary
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Retirement
While Southaven is similar to other Southern cities in that we love our hot weather and any reason to celebrate the barbecue, sports and festivals we love so much, Southaven is still home to many things you cannot find anywhere else.
In Southaven, you will find the largest selection of restaurants in North Mississippi. Every summer, more than 1,650 youth baseball teams come to Snowden Grove Park for tournament season, including the Dizzy Dean World Series. At the end of each summer, Southaven plays host to the Mid-South Fair, a weeklong celebration full of shows, games, music, delicious food and fun contests.
Best of all, we are only a short drive to the entertainment and attractions in Memphis, Tennessee. Southaven is at the gateway to the Mississippi Delta and the famous Hwy 61 Blues Trail, too. It is the third-largest city in Mississippi and the second most populous suburb of Memphis. Southaven is also a center for shopping, including a wide range of boutiques and antiques.
Southaven has nationally ranked public and private schools and has a low cost of living. The Memphis International Airport is a short 10-minute drive.ResponsibilitiesRequirements, Preferences and Experience
• Board Eligible or Board Certified in Family Medicine or Med Peds.
• Must have Graduate Medical Education/APD experienceAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13753 - Physician Monthly
Department: MG Medical Education Physicians
Type: Clinical Physician
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area