Codes diagnoses and procedures of patient records and abstracting information for reimbursement, research, and to generate statistical data. Perform daily feedback and education to providers, staff and patients of BMG. Assist with education of current coding staff. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Codes diagnoses and procedures of records.
- Completes assigned goals.
- Serves as a resource to physican office staff, clinical documentation specialist, case managers, etc.
- Act as lead for the team, assisting in onboarding of new staff and/or education of more specialized workflows.
- Assist in research of new speciality areas, new treatments in medicine, etc.
- Work with new acquisitions on documentation improvement and medical necessity, including education.
Preferred: Associates degree
Minimum: Skill and proficiency in coding physician/professional and outpatient (ancillary, emergency department, oupatient surgery, etc. ) records utilizing ICD-9-CM and CPT -4 through 5 years experience in an acute care facility, professional office or intergrated health system. Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties. CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, RHIAExperience
Minimum: Skill and proficiency in coding inpatient and outpatient (ancillary, emergency department, outpatient surgery, etc.) records utilizing ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 through 3 years experience in an acute care facility.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: CCS;CPC;RHIA;RHIT;CCS-P;CPC-P ;COC/CPCHSpecial Skills
Preferred: Physician education, leadership, mentoring, workflow documentationTraining
Minimum: CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, RHIA, HCPCS, ICD-10, ICD-9, CPT-4About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 12056 - Coder 3
Facility: BMG-Central Business Office
Department: MG CBO Coding
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area