Director-Operations BMG - MG Metro Market Oh
Job ID: 2408
This job posting is no longer active.
Directs, administers, and coordinates all operational functions for a designated geographic market working in close collaboration with the COO. Responsibilities include but are not limited to development of market strategies and business initiatives, network development and practice management for primary care and multi-specialty groups, participation in physician contracting activities/negotiation, mergers/acquisitions and physician relations. Works closely with BMMG leadership team, Baptist market leader and hospital administration with assigned market, physicians, and practice managers to ensure coordination/alignment with overall BMMG market strategy.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and ExperienceEducation
- Operationalizes strategic direction for a designated market to ensure goals and objectives are in alignment with market/corporate initiatives working with COO, BMMG leadership team, market leadership, and physician constituencies to maximize provider relationships and network development.
- Develops, recommends, and implements the annual operating plans and programs necessary to meet strategic direction established by BMMG CEO, COO and CFO.
- Provides daily operational oversight for all facets of clinic business management to include but not limited to compliance, budgets, risk management, privacy, and security, human resources, physician relations, and patient satisfaction.
- Provides management oversight to direct reports to ensure adequate orientation, training and education, assess performance, respond and/or resolve issues and offer counsel or resources to successfully manage individual clinic sites.
- Implements human resources policies/procedures, programs, and practices within each clinic setting working in collaboration with corporate and BMMG human resources to ensure the implementation of programs which best meet the needs of both employees and management teams. Ensures legal compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Facilitates and actively participates in mergers/acquisition activities and initiatives to expand BMMG operational services and capabilities within designated geographic market.
- Implements work/system processes administering best practices within each physician clinic. Designs, in collaboration with COO and CFO, financial goals and reporting systems evaluating utilization/standardization, resource needs, productivity measures, and skill mix to ensure both quality outcomes and cost efficiency.
- Participates, when appropriate, in the negotiation, execution and implementation of physician/provider contracts and other affiliated business arrangements.
- Implements practice management strategies and/or services to identify appropriate business opportunities, to enhance business and/or physician partnerships/relationships, expand/retain market position, and to maximize service delivery in close coordination with practice management team as well as hospital operations.
- Performs other accountabilities as assigned or directed.
Preferred: Master's degree
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Care Administration, related field or related medical group practice experience.Experience
Minimum: Five (5) years progressive, out-come oriented management experience in a medium multi-specialty group practice with three (3) years' experience in practice management and operations, contracting, and medical staff relations.Special Skills
Minimum: Extensive knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance and group practice management/ network development models.