Assists surgical team during operation/procedure by arranging, inventoring and maintaining sterile set up for operation, and passes items as needed. Assists in preparation of surgical suite, moving patients, and in cleaning. Provides aid in exposure, homeostasis, and other technical functions that will help the surgeon carry out safe operation with optimal results for the patient. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assists in performance of procedures for the surgical patient in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Assists in providing intraoperative care.
- Safely and adequately provides and utilizes equipment and supplies based on patient needs.
- Performs activities that demonstrate technical accountability.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties. Graduate of an accredited school of technologist with a certificate of graduation or was at any time employed as a surgical technologist for not less than eighteen (18) months in a hospital or surgery center prior to July 1, 2006.Experience
Minimum: One year general experience as a ST in an acute care facility. One year experience in CV surgery including cardiac surgery.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days of hire dateSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer literacy. Competent in cardiac surgery to take emergency CV call.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 4162 - Technician-Cardiovascular
Facility: BMH-North Mississippi Oxford Hospital
Department: NM OR Operating Room BMH North MS
Category: Laboratory & Pathology
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area