The research coordinator II is responsible for coordinating the conduct of research protocols with general supervision, assuring that the integrity and quality of the research is maintained and that the research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal, and sponsor regulations and guidelines, BMHCC and BCRI policies and procedures. This includes recruitment, screening, enrollment, randomization and management of the patient per the research protocol. The non-nurse research coordinator II is also responsible for specific protocol implementation and management as well as data collection, patient reported outcomes, and questionnaires as required. The research coordinator II may act as a liaison between the hospital, the IRB, study sponsors, and all investigators. The research coordinator II will collaborate with research coordinators, data managers and regulatory specialists. Other duties may be performed as assigned. Travel may be required.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Understands and knowledgeable of policies, procedures, and regulations governing human subjects research and incorporates them in securing approval for and the conduct of research.
- Implements, coordinates, manages and reports to the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Implements, coordinates and manages clinical research operations.
- Establishes and maintains communication with Investigators, research staff, study sponsors, research participants and their family members, and representatives of professional organizations associated with the conduct of the research.
- Serves as an advocate for the human subjects by establishing and maintaining compliance in the conduct of the research protocol.
- Actively identifies and participates in training, education and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance to sustain and enhance professional development.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent number of years of experience
Minimum: Associate's Degree or equivalent number of years of experienceExperience
Preferred: 4 Years Research Experience
Minimum: 4 years Lab, Medical and/or Research backgroundLicensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: BLS certification within 14 days of hire dateSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer skills to include MS Word Excellent Organizational skills. Detailed Oriented; Experience With EMR and Clinical Trial Management SystemTraining
Preferred: Certifications- SOCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates) or ACRT (Associate of Clinical Research Professional)
Minimum: Knowledge of Medical TerminologyAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2658 - Coordinator-Research II
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: BCRI Baptist Clinical Research
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area