• Provides support, guidance and direction for the overall structure and strategic direction of Women's services across BMHCC to provide a comprehensive spectrum of care to meet diverse patient needs.
• Ensures that programs are aligned with the corporate/market/entity operational strategies through annual facility reviews at each site.
• Provides fiscal oversight for areas of responsibility to ensure efficient resource allocation/utilization, development/implementation of productivity and workload standards, evaluation of skill mix and capital and operational budget accountability working in collaboration with CMO and CNE, Market Leaders, clinical leaders, Hospital/CEOs, and/or other Baptist finance leaders.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates" best Women's clinical practices" in coordination with key stakeholders to support the design of most effective/efficient patient care delivery models, drive quality and standardization, where appropriate, promote/support research efforts, enhance education/prevention/screening services, and implement policies and procedures to meet all regulatory and compliance standards.
• Develops educational strategies/initiatives to ensure program offerings enhance competency levels, standards of care/practice, and provide continuous improvement throughout the system. Develops external affiliations with colleges and universities.
• Serves as the administrative liaison for academic and/or business affiliation(s) to ensure that all components of the affiliation agreements or business arrangements are carried out across the organization.This includes the overall affiliation structure, research, education, training and/or consulting initiatives.
• Develops in collaboration with Corporate Communications, appropriate marketing strategies and branding campaigns which promote the growth of inpatient/outpatient obstetric services, advance awareness for obstetric services/capabilities, and increase market share.
• Performs other accountabilities as assigned or directed.
Provides system oversight for Women's Services for Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning an overall strategic direction and structure for a comprehensive inpatient/outpatient Women's Service Line. Designs business and clinical initiatives, as appropriate, to expand the women's continuum of care throughout the Baptist system and increase market share within communities served. Integrates improvement processes, systems, and technology to steer synergies, standardization, where appropriate, scalability, alignment, and accountability. Works collaboratively with Executive Leadership, Market Leaders, facility leaders, and physicians to develop quality/safety standards, identify best obstetric practices and care models, optimize the patient experience, and enhance physician and team member engagement. Drives a culture of excellence in support of the Baptist mission, vision, and values.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
• Master's Degree in Clinical Specialty, Health Care Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
Specialization in Midwifery preferred.
• 10 years progressive, out-come oriented healthcare administration experience in a health care environment with emphasis in service delivery.
• Extensive knowledge of women's health care issues, trends, and regulatory/legal compliance.
• Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of data sources/analytics and/or systems and ability to communicate metrics/data in a clear, concise manner to a number of different audiences/key stakeholders in order to gauge obstetric service line performance and evaluate outcomes.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to facilitate a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach in development of a full spectrum of obstetric programs/services throughout a health care system. Possesses project management, process improvement, problem solving, decision-making, prioritization, delegation, team building, and conflict resolution capabilities to lead various initiatives.
• Builds a culture focused on Baptist's mission, vision, and values and the Baptist CARES leadership system.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17110 - Administrator-Women's Services
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS G&A Metro Corporate
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area