Leads, teaches, and manages others in the provision of exercise program planning, supervision and counseling for people with or at risk for cardiovascular disease. Counsels clients and develops fitness programs based on client needs. Assists with daily program operation. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Provides direction and supervision of clients who are exercising.
- Meets educational needs of clients and community.
- Maintains an organized, safe, clean, and efficient exercise environment.
- Contributes to the development of staff and students.
- Completes assgned administrative and accounting duties
- Assists with program development and enhancement.
- Displays knowledge of fitness assessment techniques, acceptable fitness levels and exercise prescription.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: M.S. preferred
Minimum: Completion of a BS degree in Exercise Physiology, Rehabilitation, or similar program.Experience
Preferred: 5 years Clinical experience and progressive operational participation in a fitness related position.
Minimum: 2 years clinical experience and progressive operational experience in a fitness related positionLicensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days of hire dateSpecial Skills
Preferred: Intermediate Computer literacy skills.
Preferred: Arthritis Foundation Certification, ANA Rehab Certification, CSCS Certification, MES Certification, or APTA Rehab Certification.
Minimum: Certification and/or experience or training equal to that required by ACSM Exercise Specialist.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2005 - Specialist-Exercise II
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Cardiac Rehab Baptist Memphis
Category: Rehabilitation & Wellness
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area